Saturday, February 13, 2010

This is the Day!


This morning at 7:15, I heard Matthew and Natalie singing in their beds. They were singing, "This is the Day. This is the Day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Although it was early, my heart was full of joy remembering those early Sunday mornings when my dad would come in, voice as loud as thunder singing, "This is the Day!..." as he leaned over my bed to pull up the shade. We had the old shades that when you'd yank hard enough on the bottom, it would roll up so fast that it would keep rolling at the top. "Whap whap whap whap whap" as the shade would try to stop itself. Then the sun comes blaring in. Add that to the whapping shade and thunderous voice, and you had someone who would start their habit of needing coffee in the morning before she could be kind.

Last night my girlfriends and dad and I went to the late showing of "Valentine's Day". Dad traveled from Michigan yesterday and had to get up early. Traveling is tiring for dad, so after a full day of traveling, a late movie, and early morning hymns, I say: PAYBACK! :)

Love you, Dad. Glad you're here. (for the record, he's still sleeping)

No comments: