Monday, February 8, 2010

Hippo Soup

Have you ever heard of the children's clothing brand "Pampolina"? I love it. My mother loves it. The store where she buys it from welcomes her by name when she goes in. Now do we get a better understanding of how much my mom likes it? My kids benefit when my mom finds something she likes so much. My sister knows what I'm talking about! ;) It's a much-appreciated hobby of my mom's.
So back to Pampolina...Every item of clothing comes with this cute gummy-bear-looking hippo, except it's hard. The kids like collecting them and playing with them. They take their toy kitchen cookware and pretend to make Hippo Soup. Yummmm. It is delicious! Here's one of the chefs making it, but pausing to pose for a picture...

Whenever my mom comes to visit, Natalie wants Grandma to do everything for her. She says, "No, mommy, Grandma's going to put me to bed." or "Grandma get me out of the car! Not you." or "Grandma read me books." So whenever she shoves me aside and goes for Grandma, Grandma says, "more Pampolina for you!"

No comments: