Thursday, September 1, 2011

Working out, Country style

Out here in the country, where there are miles and miles of soy and corn, there are no trees. When there are no trees, there is no shade. Hence, no relief from the blaring sun. No trees also means the wind whips around relentlessly. This is not such a bad thing, to help cool from the lack of shade, but when you're pulling 80 pounds into the wind, it's brutal!

I didn't realize Natalie grabbed my phone and was able to snap a picture of their view of the workout. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you Natalie, for not panning any higher! The first time she rode in the bicycle trailer, she said, "Mommy? Your seat is too little for your buns." Yes, thank-you. That's why mommy's riding the bike. Sit tight because now we're going another 30 miles thanks to that comment.

I should also mention that when I'm riding my bike with my best girlies in the back, I'm riding into the wind both ways. Uphill. With snowshoes packed in the back.

1 comment:

a.marie said...

HAHAHAH love the seat comment ;)